Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving & beyond

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving & then survived Black Friday (I think that is a strange name, but I understand the meaning) & didn't go too much into debt.  Personally, I can't stand shopping like that.  Shop till you drop is not me.  I remember I went to the Mall of America one Friday after Thanksgiving with a girlfriend & her mother.  What was I thinking, never again. I'm not one of those people that can do marathon shopping trips. I'm not saying I don't like to shop, cause I do. My idea of fun is shopping on line.  Cyber Monday is probably my ideal shopping trip.  Ahh, alas, because of my current financial situation I must stay away from my favorite websites.  That will be turned around soon.  Praise God!

I made something for Thanksgiving dinner that I've never made before & I think it turned out quite well.  It was butternut squash roasted with olive oil, balsamic vinegar & rosemary. Not traditional for some members of my family, but for some it was good. I should have taken a picture of it, but didn't. But here is the link to the recipe if anyone is interested.  I follow her blog.

http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2006/11/thanksgiving-on-south-beach-diet.html

Take care,
Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment