Saturday, June 2, 2012

It's been a while

Hello again, it's been a couple of weeks since I posted anything, so figured it was about time. I had a second blog class this morning, so that gave me some inspiration. Learned out to make the layout look better, traffic options, lots of cool stuff for a blog. I changed my layout design, but it didn't really turn out the way I wanted it to so I guess I'll have to play around with it some more.

I work as a contract admin & the current assignment I'm on has been organizing legal files, I've been doing it now for about 4 months (YES, that is right 4 MONTHS of filing!!! Don't think I need to say more.)  Anyway, I found this little piece of paper that I thought was very interesting..  It is called "In the 'Test Kitchen' of Life" & here's how it goes.


A young woman was complaining to her father how difficult her life had become.  He said nothing, but took her to the kitchen and set three pans of water to boiling. To the first pan, he added carrots; to the second, eggs; and to the third, ground coffee.  After all three had cooked, he put their contents into separate bowls and asked his daughter to cut into the eggs and carrots and smell the coffee.  "What does this all mean?" she asked impatiently?


"Each food," he said, "teaches us something about facing adversity, as represented by the boiling water." The carrot went in hard but came out soft and weak. The eggs went in fragile but came out hardened. The coffee, however, changed the water to something better.

"Which will you be like as you face life?" he asked.  Will you give up, become hard - or transform adversity into triumph? As the "chef of your own life, what will you bring to the table.

The torn out page says it was adapted from the AccessChristian website. I don't know how old this page is, must be from this century anyway, so I did a Google search for the website & there is such a thing. It looks like an online informational website for Christians, if anyone is interested

 This is Edinburgh, Scotland. One of my favorite cities in the world. Not that I have been to so many cities in the world, mind you and it has nothing to do with what I just wrote. I have been here though.  I need pictures on my blog & have to remember to start taking my camera with me when I go places.

1 comment:

  1. She's blogging again! Thanks for sharing that story, Rhonda.

    ReplyDelete